Diet is a very important part of your life that you should always enjoy in a healthy way. The more conscious you are about your diet, the more healthy and disease free life you lead. Here are some good examples of an easy and healthy diet. Homedoc (home visit doctor) provides the best dietician to help you in this. doctor on call/ home visit doctor provides the best diet plan to live healthy lives.
1. Early Morning: Start your day with the best food in the morning as your body has been in fasting state since past 8-10 hours approximately. Preferably start with a fruit like apple/ pear etc or any detoxifying juice with lukewarm water. Do not take tea or coffee as the first thing of your dayas both of them act as a stimulant and interrupts the absorption of essential nutrients in diet taken in the morning (Early morning or breakfast).
2. Breakfast: Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day as this is the first major meal after an overnight fasting. It should be a combination of complex carbohydrate and proteins. Add 1-2 portions of any cereal (Oats, Poha, Upma, Idli, Multigrain Bread etc) for complex carbohydrate and a low fat milk product (milk, curd, plain yoghurt, chenna, paneer) or egg whites for protein.
3. Mid Morning: Always have a mid-morning snack, but it should not be biscuit, namkeen, mathri, samosa or any fried or maida stuff. You can have 1 Cup of green tea and any seasonal fruit 1 little later.
4. Lunch: Try to have salad in the beginning, lots of gourd/ green vegetable, any dal/ kadhi/ soyabean/ low fat curd and counted portion of cereal (Chapatti, Rice, Idli, Oats, Porridge etc). Counted portion of cereal signifies, if you take 2 chapattis (20 g each) in lunch, you can replace it by 40 g of any complex cereal like brown rice, oats etc. You can even have white rice (provided you are not diabetic) in the same amount as they are packed with a lot of micro-nutrients, just add good amount of salad before the meal.
5. Evening snack: You should add 1-2 small meals between lunch and dinner depending upon the time interval. You can have a cup of coffee with some nuts (almonds and walnuts)/ yoghurt or buttermilk with fruit/ green tea with a roasted snack or boiled Egg whites/ a cup of tea with Sprouts or a Multigrain Veg sandwich with hummus or peanut butter. One important reason to add something in evening is to curtail the size of your dinner.
6. Dinner: People often says that dinner should be the lightest meal of the day, but this doesn’t mean that you should avoid dinner. The reason is, if you don’t take your dinner then the next meal you have is the breakfast on the next day, i.e you are in fasting state for around 12-14 hours nearly. This increases the risk of developing the tendency of diabetes. Dinner should comprise maximum of vegetables in the form of salads, steamed exotic vegetables, clear soups with chopped vegetables or usual Indian vegetables. Include little portion of proteins (dal/curd) and little portion of complex carbohydrate (multigrain chapatti, oats, quinoa etc).
7. Bed Time: This meal is optional, if there is a gap of just 1- 1.5 hours between your dinner and sleep, you need not take anything here. If the gap is more then 1.5 hours, then take milk (no sugar) 1 hour before sleep. The reason to have milk at this time is it contains whey as well as casein, which is a combination of fast and slow digesting protein. It works overnight to prevent muscle loss.
The schedule described above must give you a fair idea to plan a good diet for yourself. Also I am mentioning some beneficial food options below, that you should pick for a healthy lifestyle:
- Detox Juices (Aloe Vera, Wheatgrass, Amla Juice etc)
- Natural Coconut Water
- Fruits (like berries, pomegranate, papaya, apple, jamun etc)
- Carrot- Beet Salad
- Cucumber- Bokchoy Salad
- Amaranth Leaves or seeds
- Plain Yoghurt
- Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds
- Cinnamon Stick
- Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Homedoc (doctor at home) provides the physician for home visit and also provides the dietician support for the patients who can’t visit them
call us at 8851432687
visit is at www.homedoc.in